Buffalo Valley Recreation Authority
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
BVRA Summer Day Camp, with its traditional structure, added enrichment content, natural spaces, and recreational facilities, is sure to provide a fun-filled summer to remember!
Whether catching and sketching tadpoles from the pond in West Field, designing and building a water run in our Children’s Play Garden, riding bikes on the Rail Trail, having swim lessons in the Lewisburg Pool, learning Parkour at the Gymnastics Center, playing tennis on the newly resurfaced tennis courts, or having free time at the Warming House, the campers will be immersed in a summer of playing, learning, recreating, relaxing, and having loads of FUN!!
For more information, please contact:
Maggie Testa- Camp Director
(570) 524-4774 ext. 7
Warming House - Summer Camp (during camp hours) (570) 524-6776
Summer Camp Location
BVRA Summer Day Camp calls the Warming House, on the corner of St. Mary and St. Lawrence Sts., our "home base" and the Lewisburg Area Recreation Park our "backyard"! This is where we start and end the day and in between, we balance active games and fun activities with unstructured play and "down time". We utilize all the amazing facilities in the Lewisburg Area Recreation Park with the goal to provide active recreation. We will also explore our natural and beautiful surroundings so campers can reconnect with nature.
Behind the Scenes Tours/Events/Field Trips
This year we will continue to get to know our town and our community and develop their sense of “place” by walking to downtown Lewisburg every Tuesday, participating in various "behind the scenes" tours, then attending the weekly movie at the Campus Theatre. We will participate in local events including the Independence Day Parade, Sidewalk Chalk Festival, Cardboard Regatta, National Night Out and Lewisburg Triathlon and look forward to weekly field trips. Many of the field trips are to natural areas where campers can explore and reconnect with the natural world. On field trip days we usually leave by 9:30 and return by 5:00.
June 10- Zoo America
June 18 -Reptiland
June 24- Millbrook Playhouse
July 2-Lake Tobias
July 9-Black Moshannon State Park
July 15- Millbrook Marsh Nature Center
July 23- Penn's Cave
July 30- Knoebels Amusement Resort
August 6- RB Winter State Park
August 13- Whitaker Center
*trips subject to change
We will continue to offer "Summer Stations" including Recreation Stations, Nature Exploration Stations , and Production Stations where campers experience enrichment activities often led by independent content specialists.
At the Production Station campers will participate in theater, music, and art. In the Nature Exploration Station, campers will explore and study the natural surroundingsof the park and in the Children's Play Garden. At the Recreation Station, campers will take tennis lessons, swim lessons, bike ride, participate in a Triathlon workshop and have a chance to scooter on the skateboard park.
In small group "Counselor Clubs," counselors are brought into the design of the camp as they develop activities such as "Messy Scientists," "Duct-tape Designers," or "Lego League".
Campers will work on a camp yearbook and a weekly blog.
What to Bring to Camp
Lunch (please provide an ice pack if your child's lunch needs to stay cool) and a snack.
A reusable, labeled water bottle.
Sun screen, labeled.
Cubby's will be available for the campers belongings.
Other things will be asked for to help out the camp! (Maybe craft supplies, or snacks for everyone)
* bringing rain boots/raincoat may be very handy on wet days!
Camp Director, Maggie Testa
BVRA’s Educational Program Coordinator, will continue to serve as BVRA’s Camp Director. She has a diverse and accomplished background in education and recreation and has extensive experience working with youth of all ages. She is so excited to continue expanding BVRA’s camp offerings!
For children 5-12 years old. Must have completed Kindergarten
Sign up for Full summer (one price for all 10 weeks) and weekly options (weekly prices, you choose the week). Waiting list participants for full-summer will be notified as soon as a cancellation is made.
We must receive your child's completed Enrollment Form with contact, medical, and other pertinent information completed, before your child may start camp.
Dates and Hours
- June 8 – August 18 (day before Lewisburg Schools return to classes); Monday – Friday; 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Extended morning and afternoon childcare available upon request.
- See Discount information above.
- Full Summer Package - 11 weeks: $1960 (R)* / $2320 (NR)
- Additional Child Fee** - $1475 (R) / $1820 (NR)
- Weekly Option - $225 (R) / $257 (NR)
- Additional Child Fee - $168 (R) / $199 (NR)
- Additional Child Fee $770 (R) / $980 (NR)
- *Resident rates are discounted for those living in East Buffalo Township and Lewisburg Borough.
- **To qualify for the additional child fee, you must have at least TWO children from the same family registered for the specific week you are purchasing.
- Please take the following steps to register your child for Summer Camp:
- 1. Choose one or more of the options below (payment is required at this time) - Discounts will be taken at time of payment.
- 2. For partial payment questions please contact the office (570) 524-4774
- 3. Wait for your camp packet to arrive in the mail in May (we will use your account address)
- 4. Complete one form per child then return completed forms to the BVRA office (589 Fairground Rd, Suite 3, Lewisburg PA 17837)
- 5. Once BVRA has received all completed camp form(s) you are officially registered!
- 6. Plan on attending camp orientation Thursday, June 4 from 6-7 at the Warming House, St. Lawrence and St. Mary street!
- PAYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- A 50% payment up front is required at the time of registration and to reserve weeks. Remaining balances must be paid in full by June 6, 2015. Payment may be made by cash, check, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover), online or at the BVRA office: 589 Fairground Rd, #3 Lewisburg PA 17837.
- If a specific week of camp enrollment is full, additional requests for space will be placed on a waiting list with priority based on the order in which completed enrollment forms are received. If a vacancy occurs, the individual at the top of the waiting list will be given until 5:00 p.m. on the following business day in order to accept the vacancy and pay any fees that are due. If this does not occur, the vacancy will be made available to the next subsequent individual on the waiting list.
- REFUND POLICY:
- Weeks are fully refundable minus a $25.00 fee for each refund transaction (if you return multiple weeks at once, you will only be charged $25.00). Refund requests must be received by the Friday before the Monday start of a camp week. Later requests will only be refunded if the child’s spot can be filled.
- * If a child becomes sick after a camp week has begun, a refund may be available for an extended illness of four or more consecutive days. A doctor's note and written note from the parent or guardian explaining the situation is required. Upon review, participants may receive a full refund for the unused days with the exception of the $25 processing fee.
- WEEK TRANSFERS:
- Registrants wishing to transfer or switch weeks must do so with a written request to the BVRA office. Requests must be received by the Friday before the Monday start of a camp week. Later requests will only be transferred upon approval from the BVRA office. Please send requests to Maggie Testa (educoordinator@BVRec.org), or stop by the office: 589 Fairground Rd #3, Lewisburg PA 17837
- * The last week of camp there will be two days of camp available because of the school schedule. BVRA does prorate these weeks.
Additional Forms and Files: